Friday, July 8, 2011

Cinematic Mental Health Movement

Greetings, Citizens.

This week I met with an interesting fellow by the name of Andrew Senn. He and his collaborators are putting together a group of like-minded individuals who have experience in the mental health system - those who have been put through it, so to speak. They are working on creating a video-based documentary to help add a new level of identity to various diagnoses and "symptoms," hopefully giving more freedom for empathy and understanding and encouraging people to have a real discussion about what "mental health" even means. I spoke with them so fervently about so much that I basically wore myself out!

They are still in the early planning stages but I think they have a lot to offer. Anyone who has been through the mental health system and lives in the Twin Cities area should definitely send Andrew a message and let him know that I sent ya. If you'd like his contact info, let me know so I can give it to you privately and not plaster it all over the internets.

Til next time,
R

1 comment:

  1. Hey my friend my is Benton Dorsey.

    I was the other guy that met with you and Andrew.

    Please give me a call when you get a chance.

    612-670-8448

    the movement building steam and we need some help thanks brotha
    be well

    ReplyDelete